To apply for Snap jobs, you'll need:
- A genuine desire to work in this area and commitment to make a difference
- To be professional, thoughtful, patient and empathetic, with the ability to consider the wider needs of the child or client and their family
- To be able to see and maximise the opportunities of the child or client
- Experience with children, young people or adults with a disability or additional needs (No experience? We would recommend volunteering)
- We are open to applications from candidates from all backgrounds. Your experience may be professional or more personal, such as having a sibling with a disability.
- Levels of experience required will vary for each job and person-specific training is often provided
- Many jobs, do require drivers, but not all
- The appropriate work permit / visa or right to work
- You will need to be able to provide details of professional references and original ID documents
- An Enhanced DBS We'll pay for your DBS if we place you, but we highly recommend getting on the Update Service ASAP, please see further info).
To help you create the best CV for our jobs, you can look at or use our CV template. Please click here to download.
You can upload your CV to your Snap profile / account, as below, or email it to us.
A Supporting Statement
If you see a specific job of interest, it's really helpful if you send a supporting statement so recruiters can see why the job is of interest to you and the specific skills and experience you feel you can bring to the role. Please email this quoting the advert or job reference number and location.
Create a Snap Profile / Account
Lastly, to register with Snap, we ask you to please create a profile / Snap Account adding your experience, contact information and job preferences. The more information you provide, the more likely we can find you a great job! Click here to register.
If you have any questions about registering with us, please just let us know - you can call us on 020 7729 2200 or send an email: firstname.lastname@example.org