1. In these terms and conditions an "Employer" means a person or company that employs or seeks to employ a candidate through any of the services of SNAP Childcare / Snap Care and an "Employee" means a candidate (SEN nanny, Carer, Support Worker etc.) introduced by SNAP Childcare / Snap Care.
2. SNAP Childcare / Snap Care is an introductory service only. Any contract of employment will be entered into between the Employer and Employee. Our involvement in contracts is in an advisory capacity only. The Client / Employer is legally responsible for their employee's Tax and National Insurance payments and for providing a payslip, as well as any pension contributions that are required to be made by UK law. We have 3 levels of service: Option 1: Snap’s Fully-Inclusive Recruitment Service, Option 2: Snap Shortlist and Option 3, The Snap Advert.
3. Where an Employer has requested the services of SNAP Childcare / Snap Care Ltd, they are deemed to have accepted SNAP Childcare / Snap Care terms and conditions and fees.
4. Data Protection
a. All information that is passed by SNAP Childcare / Snap Care in the course of an introduction shall be treated as confidential by the prospective Employer, such information to include (but not be limited to) C.V.'s, addresses, the fact of introduction, and all other personal details.
b. Candidate’s details may contain identifying / personal details. You agree to delete / dispose of candidate details in an appropriate manner once no longer required. (Digital copies deleted, Printed copied shredded). Full data protection guidance can be found on the ICO Website.
5. Suitability of Candidates
a. Option 1, Fully-Inclusive Recruitment Service. SNAP Childcare / Snap Care makes every reasonable effort to ensure the suitability of Employees who are introduced, we cannot accept responsibility for loss, damage or personal injury arising out of any introduction, nor give any warranty concerning history, character, age or capability.
b. Option 2, Snap Shortlist and Option 3, Snap Job Advert. Snap Care will play no part in the engagement, screening or recruitment process and can take no responsibility for the suitability of any candidate who applies whatsoever. Employers are advised to confirm suitability of the employee through their own interview, reference checking, as well as confirming right to work status, confirming ID and undertaking a DBS Police Check.
c. Trials. Snap recommend a trial is arranged prior to a job offer. Trials are limited to 2 days / shifts. The Employer is responsible for all costs relating to the trial and remuneration to the candidate based on the quoted weekly wage.
6. Candidate Details
No employer who has received details of a candidate from SNAP Childcare / Snap Care, shall introduce that Employee to any third party other than through SNAP Childcare / Snap Care at any time, now or in the future, nor employ the candidate now or at any time in the future, without going through SNAP Childcare / Snap Care and paying the agreed placement fees. If an introduction is made contrary to this condition at any time now or in the future, the Employer shall be liable for the full fees plus a surcharge of 10%.
7. Keeping Everyone Up to Date
Option 2, Snap Shortlist and Option 3, Snap Job Advert
Employers agree to inform Snap Care / SNAP Childcare by email of arranged interviews, trials and job offers within 2 working days. In turn, Snap will not target candidates actively engaged in your recruitment process, for other roles
Please note, candidates may receive automated emails when new jobs are posted if their criteria matches that job.
8. Advert Content
Option 2, Snap Shortlist and Option 3, Snap Job Advert
Snap Care cannot be responsible for any errors or omissions in the job details provided. It is your responsibility to ensure the job details are correct and do not contain confidential, identifying or misleading information. Snap reserve the right to refuse adverts deemed inappropriate.
9. Payments/ Invoicing Option 1, Option 2
a. A commitment fee of £900.00 is required to prior to commencing the recruitment process for all permanent placements using Option 1, Snap’s Fully-Inclusive Recruitment Service and Option 2, Snap Shortlist.
b. This amount is held on account against your final placement fee. In the unlikely event we are unable to send you details of any suitable candidates based on the criteria you have provided within 8 weeks, you can request a refund for the total amount. The commitment fee is non-refundable in the event that you cancel the assignment or change the details of the position, so the process needs to be re-started.
c. SNAP Childcare / Snap Care will invoice the Employer when an Employee has accepted the position offered and not on the first day of employment. Agency fees are payable within 14 days of date of invoice. Late payment will be subject to a 10% surcharge on all accounts not settled within this period and in addition to re-claim any costs (including debt collector's fees) incurred as a result of chasing payment.
10. Payment, Option 3
The full invoice cost of £900.00 + VAT is required to be paid prior to promoting your vacancy.
In the unlikely event we are unable to send you details of any potentially suitable candidates based on the criteria you have provided, within 8 weeks from receipt of instruction and payment, we will refund the total amount paid.
This payment is non-refundable in the event that you cancel the assignment before the conclusion of the 8 week period or you change the details of the position so the process needs to be re-started. If your job has not attracted any suitable candidates after 8 weeks of the job going live and you wish us to continue promoting it, we will be happy to discuss all options with you.
11. Cancellations, Option 1
a. If a position is offered to & accepted by the candidate, but then subsequently withdrawn by the employer, the employer will be liable to pay the full placement fee, even if no employment contracts have been signed. In addition the employer is expected to pay the employee one week's pay.
b. Where a position has been offered and accepted, but the details of the position have changed so as to make the position untenable, the employer will be liable for the full fee.
12. Changes to Placements, Option 1
a. Should an Employee's temporary or part-time position be extended the Employer shall notify SNAP Childcare / Snap Care in writing within 7 days of any such change, and be liable to pay any additional fee commensurate with the additional employment. Failure to notify SNAP Childcare / Snap Care will result in an additional 10% surcharge.
b. If a permanent candidate is required, & the employer accepts a temporary candidate until a permanent candidate is identified, we will deduct 50% of the temporary fee paid from any subsequent permanent fee.
13. Agency Guarantee, Option 1
The majority of our placements are successful, however if a placement fails through no fault of the employer, Snap offers a replacement guarantee for a period of 6 months* (26 weeks). Should a placement not work out during this time, we will endeavour to find a replacement within 8 weeks of receiving written confirmation of termination of employment, based on the initial requirements provided. Only one replacement will be made for each placement.
14. Refunds, Option 1
Should no replacement be available within the 8 week replacement period and you decide you do not wish us to continue the search (we will be happy to do so for as long as it takes to find the right person), you can choose to either keep the full amount on credit with us for future placements, or we will issue the applicable refund as follows:
Up to 2 months: 75%
2 to 3 months: 45%
3 to 6 months: 20%
A refund will only be applicable if:
1. Snap receives written (email) notification of the termination / conclusion of employment from the Employer within five working days of the Snap being initially informed, with full details of reasons for the failed placement.
2. The placement fee due has been paid in full within 14 days of the date of invoice.
3. Suitable replacement(s) are not unreasonably refused within the 8-week replacement period (based on the initial requirements provided)
4. Another agency or source is not used during the 8-week replacement period
5. The Employee has not left or not started the position because of unreasonable conditions
6. The job description has not been changed from that advertised
7. The contract has been used and has not been breached
8. Snap's Terms and Conditions have been adhered to
9. The job has not been withdrawn within the 8-week replacement period
10. The Employer has not informed Snap within the 8-week period they no longer require the services of Snap
We try very hard to offer a great service, but if you are unhappy about any aspect and wish to make a complaint about SNAP Childcare / Snap Care or any of its employees, please write to Andrew Knight, Director. SNAP Childcare / Snap Care (Complaints). 91 Great Eastern Street. Shoreditch London EC2A 3HZ. We will take any complaints seriously and will investigate your complaint and reply within 10 working days.
Snap Care is part of SNAP Childcare Limited Company Number 4140483
Registered Company Address: 91 Great Eastern Street Shoreditch London EC2A 3HZ
Terms last updated 2nd January 2018