Create a great CV for Snap jobs!
For Snap Care jobs, we like to have CVs set out in quite a specific way; our clients won't have hundreds CVs to skim through, they will have one or two to read through, so every detail counts!
CVs should be professional, but they should also tell a story and show the 'real you'
Tips for a great CV using our Snap CV Template:
Just overwrite our suggestions, delete the things that are not appropriate, save as: Full name CV
· Include start and finish months as well as years of all jobs
· Include basic information for non-related jobs, detailed information for relevant ones
· Make sure jobs are listed chronologically, your current or most recent first, then work backwards
- No gaps – make sure all gaps in employment dates are accounted for – if travelling, seeking work, raising own children etc.
· For confidentiality, do not include client’s names or addresses. Simply state the general location of the job, e.g. Private client, London SW3.
· Make sure your email address is a professional one
· It's best not to include photos, reference details or wages on your CV
· Don’t use fancy font or coloured text; it looks unprofessional and is difficult to read!
· Use the spell checker
· Don’t be afraid to go onto more than one or two pages – your CV will be sent to clients who are looking to read all about you, not to skim over
· Don't just provide a list of duties, be descriptive
· Use your CV to sell yourself! If you have additional experience such as a sibling with a disability or voluntary work, make sure you include these details – it’s all great experience.
· Avoid using terms such as ‘kids’. The word children is more professional.
· Use the correct terminology – For example: A child with Down’s syndrome not a Down’s child.
· Avoid using negative phrases such as ‘suffered from’. E.g. I cared for a child who has cerebral palsy, not I cared for a child who suffered from cerebral palsy.
· Be positive: I had the opportunity to carry out the client's daily physiotherapy rather than: I had to do the client's physiotherapy every day.
Download your Snap CV Template Now!