Additional Notes / Useful Links:
1. Probation period is usually one month, but you can chose a longer period if you wish. We would not advise anything longer than 3 months.
2. We strongly advise, you quote only gross figures in relation to wage (Net / Gross calculator)
3. To calculate holiday entitlement, please click here
4. If you have a live-in employee, it is your choice if you allow guests to stay overnight or not. You are entitled to stipulate who is allowed / not allowed and for how long. This will be the employee’s home for the period they are working with you.
5. Further information regarding employment contracts can be seen here
6. Please also see ACAS, Employing People, A Guide for New Employer’s
7. Payroll Company used by many of our clients: Nannytax (They offer a temporary service for people employing on a temporary basis)
8. Contracts - Employer's Responsibilities
8. Employer's Allowance - save up to £3,000 per annum against NI payments
9. Employer's Liability Insurance