1. In these terms and conditions an "Employer" means a person or company that employs or seeks to employ a candidate (nanny, carer or other childcare / care worker) through the services of SNAP Childcare / Snap Care and an "Employee" means a candidate (nanny, carer or other childcare / care worker) introduced by SNAP Childcare / Snap Care.
2. SNAP Childcare / Snap Care is an introductory service only. Any contract of employment will be entered into between the Employer and Employee. Our involvement in contracts is in an advisory capacity only. The Client is legally responsible for their employee's Tax and National Insurance payments and for providing a payslip, as well as any pension contributions that are required to be made by UK law.
3. Where an Employer has requested the services of SNAP Childcare / Snap Care Ltd, they are deemed to have accepted SNAP Childcare / Snap Care terms and conditions and fees.
4. Whilst SNAP Childcare / SNAP Care makes every reasonable effort to ensure the suitability of Employees who are introduced, we cannot accept responsibility for loss, damage or personal injury arising out of any introduction, nor give any warranty concerning history, character, age or capability.
5. All information that is passed by SNAP Childcare / Snap Care in the course of an introduction shall be treated as confidential by the prospective Employer, such information to include (but not be limited to) C.V.'s, addresses, the fact of introduction, and all other personal details.
6. No Employer who has received details of a candidate from SNAP Childcare / Snap Care, shall introduce that Employee to any third party other than through SNAP Childcare / Snap Care at any time, now or in the future, nor employ the candidate now or at any time in the future, without going through SNAP Childcare / Snap Care and paying the agreed placement fees.
If an introduction is made contrary to this condition at any time now or in the future, the Employer shall be liable for the full fees plus a surcharge of 10%.
7. SNAP Childcare / Snap Care will invoice the Employer when an Employee has accepted the position offered and not on the first day of employment. Agency fees are payable within 14 days of date of invoice. Late payment will be subject to a 10% surcharge on all accounts not settled within this period and in addition to re-claim any costs (including debt collector's fees) incurred as a result of chasing payment.
8. In the following situation a cancellation fee of £300.00+ VAT will be applicable: If Snap has identified suitable applicant(s) based on the information provided about the position and sent details of those applicants to the Employer, but the Employer has changed the details of the position to such an extent, that the identified applicant(s) is/are no longer suitable. This also includes the complete withdrawal of a position. The cancellation fee paid will be deducted from any subsequent permanent placement.
9. If a position is offered to & accepted by the candidate, but then subsequently withdrawn by the employer, the employer will be liable to pay the full placement fee.
10. Where a position has been offered and accepted, but the details of the position have changed so as to make the position untenable, the employer will be liable for the full fee.
Changes to Placements
11. Should an Employee's temporary or part-time position be extended the Employer shall notify SNAP Childcare / Snap Care in writing within 7 days of any such change, and be liable to pay any additional fee commensurate with the additional employment. Failure to notify SNAP Childcare / Snap Care will result in an additional 10% surcharge.
12. If a permanent candidate is required, & the employer accepts a temporary candidate until a permanent candidate is available, we will deduct 50% of the temporary fee paid from any subsequent permanent fee.
13. Snap offers a replacement guarantee period for positions placed of 4 months* (16 weeks). Should a placement not work out during this time, we will find a replacement within 4 weeks of receiving written confirmation of termination of employment, based on the initial requirements provided. Only one replacement will be made for each placement. *6 months for positions placed via a case manager or solicitor.
14. Should no replacement be available within the 4 week replacement period and you decide you do not wish us to continue the search (we will be happy to do so for as long as it takes to find the right person), you can choose to either keep the full amount on credit with us for future placements, or we will issue the applicable refund as follows:
Up to 2 months: 75%
2 to 3 months: 45%
3 to 4 months: 20%
We will look at all cases on an individual basis after the guarantee period.
Conditions of Refund
14-1. Snap receives written (email) notification of the termination of employment from the Employer within five working days of the agency being initially informed
14-2. The placement fee due has been paid in full within 14 days of the date of invoice.
14-3. Suitable replacement(s) are not unreasonably refused within the 4-week replacement period (based on the initial requirements provided)
14-4. Another agency or source is not used during the 4-week replacement period
14-5. The Employee has left or not started the position because of unreasonable conditions
14-6. The job description has not been changed
14-7. The contract has been used and has not been breached
14-8. Snap's Terms and Conditions have been adhered to
14-9. The job has not been withdrawn within the 4-week replacement period
14-10. The Employer has not informed Snap within the 4-week period they no longer require the services of Snap
15. We try very hard to offer a great service, but if you are unhappy about any aspect and wish to make a complaint about SNAP Childcare / Snap Care or any of its employees, please write to Andrew Knight, Director. SNAP Childcare / Snap Care (Complaints). 91 Great Eastern Street. Shoreditch London EC2A 3HZ. We will take any complaints seriously and will reply to your complaint within 10 working days.
Snap Care is part of SNAP Childcare Limited Company Number 4140483
Registered Company Address: 91 Great Eastern Street Shoreditch London EC2A 3HZ
Terms last updated September 2016